March 09, 2011

This season is about to close.

It's making way for a new one, of course; but it feels like fall chilling into winter instead of winter thawing into spring. The season I'm referring to is the one for which this blog was named. Graduation looms - we're somewhere in the 60-days away realm. I'm truly glad in some ways, and in other ways I dread it: I'm not ready to cast the cozy covers of this place off. Or maybe I would be ready, if only I could be sure a roof and a bed and covers will be provided for us in our near future.

But He said to pray "Give us this day..."

Perhaps a change of physical season will change how I feel. After all, the sun, when it returns, will bring with it the much-needed "happy chemicals" that one so often lacks in the gray days. For now, I am feeling rather groundhog-like: perhaps I'll return to my hole until the spring is sure it's here for good. Perhaps that's the type of waiting He wishes for me to do...for it is not I but He who brings the change of season.

"Thy will be done."

No comments: