August 11, 2007

Saturday night and everything is alright

Free bread Fridays means pizza Saturdays.

The seminary gets bread from a local backery (St. Louis Bread Co.--also known as Panera) on Mondays and Fridays at about 9pm after they have closed down. There has been a ton to choose from, and our family is about to gain 10lbs each with all the bagels, cookies, foccaccia, sour dough etc....

They use the foccaccia (which doesn't look like it is spelled right) for paninis, but I use them to make pizzas. I slice the loaves in half so that there is a nice open-face upon which to spread sauce (which soaks in to the crust this way--particularly nice with an olive oil base which becomes all crunchy and bruscetta-like). Then I put grated mozzerella, and to top them off we pull all the odds and ends out of the fridge and make about 4 different types of pizza out of them. Nice way to use left-overs.

Tonight's selection:

4 cheese/garlic/olive oil base with mushrooms, onions, bacon and a good grind of black pepper (chip's fave)

Mushroom and onion on tomato sauce base

olive oil base with roasted eggplant puree, feta, and kalamata olives

and another tomato-based pizza with onions, olives, and orange bell-peppers



If you think of it, please pray for our sleep--the girls have not been transitioning smoothly. We've had some good days, but we've had many rough nights. My throat is starting to feel as though I've got a little something coming on, and Macky is stir-crazy with all this heat. Murmur can't decide whether to nurse or not (again, the heat I expect). That just throws me for all sorts of loops, and what with still trying to find jobs, health insurance, and finish unpacking and organizing the last little bit, we are just exhausted. I must say that He is definitely showing us that He's got us in His hands. Pray that we would know that clearly and run to Him often...always.

good night.

4 comments:

Colin P Thornley said...

What a great idea. It is good to hear from you guys. I am a little jealous of your studying at St Louis with Bryan Chapell & gang! Stay in touch!

Anonymous said...

HI, you don't know me, but Lydian Green is my best friend, and I'm dating Spencer Meyer lol. He showed me your blog and I was just wondering if you have any other great recipes to share. I love to cook and am always looking for new stuff to try. I got to meet Rachel for the first time when she came to Nate Greens wedding a month ago and heard all sorts of wonderful things about you :) Anyways, I just thought I'd stop by and say hi and it's nice to meet you. God bless. Rebekah

becomingwhoiam said...

Thanks Colin for your comment. It is good to hear from you. I never thought we would get here, did you?

becomingwhoiam said...

(the above comment was actually left by chip, who will be posting under my user name)

Good to see you guys around, and Rebekah, I will be posting tonight's new recipe in a few moments....Good to meet you.